Dr. Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio – Registered Nurse, PhD, Entrepreneur, Author, Publisher and the Past President of the National Nurses in Business Association, talks to Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy Podcast. Laura discusses how she was able to establish multiple businesses, including a publishing company, a catering service and a CPR registration business. Also, Laura provides valuable advice for developing products, establishing a national certification review and how to hire the right people for the job.
- How did Laura get into her first nursing job and then transition into becoming an entrepreneur?
- What were some of the challenges Laura faced as an entrepreneur?
- What was it like creating her magazine for nurses?
- Laura explains how she started and ran Power Publication.
- What advice would Laura give to people looking to embark on new business ventures?
- How did Laura overcome failures or obstacles?
- How can you protect yourself from theft of intellectual property?
- What was involved in establishing her app?
- What is Laura’s advice for hiring the appropriate staff members?
- Laura walks us through the creation of her invention, the Teacher Alert System.
- How did she hire product designers and engineers?
- What are Laura’s plans to take the Teacher Alert System to market?
- What’s involved in Laura’s seminars, consulting business and vacation retreats?
- How should you create a national certification review?
- What would Laura like to do before she retires?
- What advice would Laura give to listeners?
3 Key Points:
- Change your paradigm. Something that’s blocking you isn’t necessarily a problem. It’s a learning opportunity.
- You always want to hire someone smarter than you, get a lot of references and give your staff input on who they want to work with.
- In 2017, 444,000 public school teachers were physically assaulted in schools.
- “When you plan things, you procrastinate and they never get done.” – Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio
- “Even if you’re on the right track, if you don’t move, you’re going to get run over.” – Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio
- “The key to life is to do different things. Try different things. Sometimes you might fall on your face, but it’s not the end of the world.” – Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio