Keith Carlson – Registered Nurse, Holistic Career Coach, Award-Winning Blogger, Writer, Podcaster, Speaker and Author, talks to Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy Podcast. Keith shares his 20+ years of nursing experience, along with his advice for launching a blog and a podcast. Keith also shares his experience and tips for coaching, writing and public speaking.
- Keith talks about his childhood and upbringing.
- How did he get started in nursing and then move into management?
- How and why did he transition from management to entrepreneurship?
- Keith shares tips for starting a blog and launching a website.
- Keith discusses his experience as a writer and a coach.
- What advice does he offer for launching a podcast?
- How did Keith become comfortable speaking in front of people?
- What’s his advice for becoming a speaker and monetizing a podcast?
- How does consulting factor into Keith’s career?
- Keith talks about his true happy place of speaking, podcasting, writing and coaching.
- What are some of the greatest challenges and successes Keith has faced?
- Do you need to rent an office space as an entrepreneur?
- Keith shares resources for professionals interested in becoming nursing entrepreneurs.
3 Key Points:
- Buy and own your own website domain and use WordPress so you have room to expand your website.
- Your podcast should focus on a niche and be sure to utilize Libsyn. Own your content instead of using third-party organizations.
- Create a brand that speaks to who you actually are in real life. Your brand is the feeling you want people to have when they interact with your content, products and services.
- “An entrepreneur is a person who really takes ownership of their job and the place where they work as they work to solve problems and innovate.” – Keith Carlson
- “Figure out what your niche is and stay in your lane.” – Keith Carlson
- “I use social media to meet people. I use the social aspect to meet people who offer value to me and who I can be of value to. I’m really into connection and relationships.” – Keith Carlson
- Jason Duprat: Linkedin Facebook
- Keith Carlson: Linkedin Twitter
- The Nurse Keith Show: nursekeith.com/the-nurse-keith-show-2
Keith@NurseKeith.com – Mention “Jason” to get a free 45-minute coaching session