“Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” – Phil Knight
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, relives the discussion about a widely-requested topic of Medical Directors. Do you need a Medical Director? How do you find a Medical Director? How much should you pay a Medical Director? Tune into this episode as Jason dives deep into each of these questions.
- A Medical Director’s role would include overviewing everything clinical-related in your practice, such as protocols, forms, standing orders, etc.
- If you don’t have a healthcare license, you need a Medical Director to oversee your practice. In some states, a physician is required to be the Medical Director and, sometimes, even own the medical practice or run a Management Services Organization.
- Review your state’s Nurse Practice Act to see if you can practice independently.
- To find a Medical Director, start by scouring your network with someone you know, like, and trust or posting on job sites with a thoroughly detailed job description.
- Be prepared to pay a professional salary. A Medical Director’s fee would be somewhere in the range of $750-$1,500 or more per month, depending on various factors.
- Have a backup plan. Use platforms to hire your Medical Director, and it will save you tons of time and money in instances where businesses shut down due to the absence of a Medical Director.
“Trying to find the cheapest way is not always the best idea. You usually get what you pay for.” – Jason A. Duprat
“You are paying for valuable service and you should be ready to compensate people on your team according to the amount of value they’re delivering.” – Jason A. Duprat
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT:
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Facebook Group
- Sign up for one of our free business start-up Masterclasses by heading over to https://healthcareboss.org/masterclass/
- Have a healthcare business question? Text me at 386-284-4955, and I’ll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I’ll share important announcements and answer your questions as well.
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness