“If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.” – Warren Buffet
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, answers a question from his text community regarding making big purchases. In this episode, Jason runs us through a step-by-step calculation to determine whether or not an expensive purchase is worth it.
- Jason features a question from his text community. The inquirer recently opened a MedSpa and is looking to purchase expensive equipment. They’re wondering if now would be the right time to continue with that purchase.
- Purchasing the equipment will add five additional services to what they can offer. There are no consumables related to those offers, and they can buy the laser at a discount.
- Jason recommends going back to the numbers. Typically, you don’t want to finance anything that loses you money. However, in business, if you can buy something and pay for it over time while it makes you money, it’s called Leveraging.
- You can look up free Amortization Calculators on Google.
- Don’t focus so much on that big number. Instead, focus on the monthly payments and the number of patients required to execute and pay for this particular device.
- The first rule of business is to use Leverage to grow your business and your income.
“If you want to get an opportunity to buy an expensive piece of equipment, try and sit on it for a day or two. Don’t let anybody pressure you into making quick, rapid decisions. Let your emotions simmer down and look at it from a rational, financial standpoint.” – Jason A. Duprat
“The more detail you can include in terms of your information gathering, the better your decision-making will be.” – Jason A. Duprat
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT:
- Sign up for one of our free business start-up Masterclasses at https://jasonduprat.com/freemasterclass
- Have a healthcare business question? Text me at 407-972-0084, and I’ll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I’ll share important announcements and answer your questions as well.
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- #295: OVERCOME SHINY OBJECT SYNDROME, NARROW YOUR FOCUS AND STICK WITH YOUR BUSINESS IN 2023
- #135: KEN WENTWORTH: DOUBLE-DIGIT NET MARGINS ALL DAY LONG
- #205: CHEN YEN: LEVERAGING EDUCATION TO GROW & SCALE HOLISTIC CARE PRACTICES
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness