Travis Chappell, host of the Build Your Network Podcast and a Top 25 Business Podcaster speaks with Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy Podcast. Travis talks about how entrepreneurs should ditch their fears of networking and they can build authentic relationships. He also shares his insight and experience for launching a successful podcast.
- Where did Travis grow up and how did he transition into entrepreneurship and become an expert in networking?
- Travis always had an entrepreneurial itch – it started when he owned a landscaping business in high school.
- At one point, he was on the path to full-time ministry but realized he wanted to actually be in sales.
- How did Travis get into his first sales position and what did he sell?
- He describes cultivating the feeling of exclusivity and how to consider your tonality and facial expressions when it comes to sales.
- Travis listened to self-development podcasts and was inspired by John Lee Dumas.
- If you’re not willing to invest in yourself or your business, then it’s going to be much more difficult.
- How did he get the idea to launch a podcast?
- 90% of podcasters don’t make it past the eleventh episode.
- Travis recommends taking beginning podcasting courses before launching your own show. He also recommends 1:1 podcast coaching or podcast consulting.
- Ask yourself: What are you expecting out of the show and invest accordingly.
- If you have a large business already, podcasting will amplify your message and build customer relationships.
- When it comes to his business, what are the different ways he’s monetizing?
- How did Travis get connected with high-level people?
- How did he provide value to his mentor?
- Adding value is doing kind things for other people without expecting an immediate return or any return.
- Relationships are built through memories and experiences.
3 Key Points:
- Add value as much as you can to the top 1% of people in your industry.
- Travis knew if he wanted to succeed in podcasting, he needed to be around someone who had risen to a high level of success.
- If you want to turn your podcast into a business, treat it like a business.
- “You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. You’ve got to get around people who have figured it out and do what they say.” – Travis Chappell
- “People severely underestimate what it takes to gain an audience.” – Travis Chappell
- “Connect with the top 1% in your industry. Add value as much as you can to those people. Then leverage those initial connections into breaking into larger circles of those people.” – Travis Chappell
- Build Your Network Podcast
- EOF Podcast
- EOF Income Reports
- Pat Flynn’s Podcasting Course
- Podcaster’s Paradise
- Cool People, Cool Places (connection retreat)
- Meet Your Hero (course)
- Explode (course)
- Three Networking Secrets
- Thrive (conference)
- Travis Chappell on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #HealthcareBoss #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #sales #startup #podcast #networking #mentor #bizstrategy