Catie Harris, PhD, MBA, RN, Entrepreneur and Founder of the NursePreneurs Podcast, speaks with Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner and host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy Podcast. Catie discusses how she chose a niche for her first business and how she helps nurses find their best business ideas. She also shares several tools and tips, including how a podcast can help build your business and why it’s important to monetize your knowledge and skills.
- What is Catie’s background? Where did she grow up?
- How did she transition to her first business?
- How long did she run this business and how did she get it started?
- What kind of problems did Catie run into initially?
- What did her first business model look like?
- How did Catie create an experience where patients and surgeons were happy?
- How did the NursePreneurs podcast evolve?
- Catie offers advice to healthcare professionals who want to explore and execute a business idea.
- How did she set up the NursePreneur business model?
- What are some of the struggles she faced?
- Catie explains the benefits of a mastermind and how to pick the right one for your business needs.
- When should someone start a podcast?
- What are the pros and cons of podcasting?
- What’s the most common mindset people need to get over before considering entrepreneurship?
3 Key Points:
- When she wanted to explore building a business model, Catie found a small niche to focus on and found a creative way to provide premium experiences to her clients.
- A mastermind group can provide a place to talk openly about your business and get feedback about what to do next.
- When starting a podcast, put out a lot of content and dominate a small niche.
- “I take nurses with no ideas (or too many ideas) and find what they love to do and show them how to get started.” – Catie Harris
- “As long as you have an audience and there are people who are interested in what you’re talking about, you can monetize.” – Catie Harris
- “When you find that one person, there’s really no amount of money that will be enough to pay them if they can get you results.” – Catie Harris
- NursePreneurs Podcast
- Asana Project Management Software
- NursePreneur Blueprint course
- Catie’s Mastermind
- Catie Harris Website, Facebook Group, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #HealthcareBoss #healthcare #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #nurse #nursepreneur #bizmodel #bizstrategy #podcast #mastermind