“People are not your most important asset. The right people are.” – Jim Collins
Jason A. Duprat, Entrepreneur, Healthcare Practitioner, and Host of the Healthcare Entrepreneur Academy podcast, talks about the best practices when hiring for managerial roles. In this episode, Jason recalls his experiences with recent mis-hires, his key takeaways to avoid potential hiring mistakes, and red flags to consider when screening applicants. Tune in until the end to learn more about his recently launched book!
3 KEY POINTS:
- Don’t hire managers with potential. Hire those with experience.
- Don’t ever lowball your offer. If you want top-tier talent, you must be willing to pay well.
- Don’t hire entrepreneurs. Hire intrapreneurs.
- Jason recently had mis-hires for the marketing director position of his business.
- He’s since learned from these experiences and has solidified his hiring process.
- He’s also received advice from his mastermind group, the Board of Experts by Anik Singal.
- For your business to grow 3x or 5x, you’d want to hire someone with proven experience.
- Use personality tests to identify an applicant’s compatibility with a role.
- Jason suggests doing a minimum of three interviews to evaluate an applicant thoroughly.
- He also recommends having other critical people in the business interview the applicants since they’ll potentially be working with them. If even one interviewer isn’t assured with an applicant, they won’t go any further in the hiring process.
- Write precise job descriptions with included KPIs they’ll be responsible for.
- To attract great people, ensure a great working environment with excellent company culture.
- Hire people who fit your company’s culture and core values.
- Hire people who are genuinely passionate about what they do, not those who work for money alone.
- From Alex Hormozi: Don’t hire entrepreneurs. Hire intrapreneurs.
- Avoid hiring unemployed managers, as they may be underperformers who were terminated
To purchase the Clinic Launch Secrets book, use this link https://mybook.to/cliniclaunchsecrets and then leave a rating and written review. Grab a screenshot of your review and head over to www.jasonduprat.com/review and then you will receive access to the complementary audiobook.
“Hire managers for their experience, not their potential.” – Jason A. Duprat
“Don’t ever lowball your offer. If you want top-tier talent, you must be willing to pay well.” – Jason A. Duprat
CONNECT WITH JASON DUPRAT
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Join our Facebook group: https://jasonduprat.com/group/
- Want to become a Ketamine Therapy provider? Enroll NOW in The Ketamine Academy course: https://ketamineacademy.com/presentation
- Sign up for one of our free business start-up Masterclasses by heading over to https://jasonduprat.com/freemasterclass
- Have a healthcare business question? Want to request a podcast topic? Text me at 407-972-0084 and I’ll add you to my contacts. Occasionally, I’ll share important announcements and answer your questions as well. I’m excited to connect with you!
- Do you enjoy our podcast? Leave a rating and review: https://lovethepodcast.com/hea
- Don’t want to miss an episode? Subscribe and follow: https://followthepodcast.com/hea
- #299: HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS FOR YOUR MEDICAL PRACTICE
- #313: TACTICAL TUESDAY: UNDERSTANDING THE BELL CURVE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
#HealthcareEntrepreneurAcademy #healthcare #HealthcareBoss #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship #podcast #businessgrowth #teamgrowth #digitalbusiness